Performer bios for the Fiercest Young Queer Artists of Color in the Northwest
Donte Johnson ~ "Birthed by stars they breathe elixirs. Storyteller from the moon's womb. he challenges binaries of sexuality and gender with every pen stroke. she paints images with the stories tucked behind her irises."
Henry Luke ~ "Raised by hip-hop, powerful women, and fierce organizers, henry believes speaking stories is resistance by definition in a system that works so hard to divide and silence us .they work as a spoken word artist in service for youth speaks seattle, a collective of young people dedicated to building creative community and amplifying voices."
Raven Taylor ~ "I am seventeen years old and a junior at nova highschool. I am a queer poet who has slammed in the 2011 youthspeaks seattle grandslam and has gone to bnv as a part of the youthspeaks seattle team. I use my poetry to heal and inspire myself and others"
Theo Garcia ~ "Theo breathes in debris and breathes out galaxies, he rolls planets on his palms, and sings love songs with his stardust. Theo is a twenty year old queer poet, he is a transgender warrior, and he's makin' waves. Theo has performed all over Seattle, and is in love with Youth Speaks Seattle, where he writes and grows with his family."
Selam Gebrekidan ~ "Compassion, communication, and empathy are what drive me. I am Eritrean, Female, Transgender, and Homeless, and love every part of my life. Stories are meant to be told, not silenced, and I refuse to remain silent."